Activities Make All the Difference at Parc Provence
January is Activity Professionals Month, and ours are amazing!
At Parc Provence, our activities are second-to-none. With over eighty options every day specially-tailored to memory care residents’ needs and interests, there is always something happening here. The talented people behind our engaging program of events are our Activity Team. These activity professionals enhance the lives of Parc Provence residents every single day.
Research has proven that stimulation and engagement positively impacts people who have Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other memory concerns. Our goal at Parc Provence is to provide an environment that encourages residents to participate in a variety of interesting activities tailored to their interests. With over 13 years’ experience as the established leader in memory care, we have seen how these activities positively impact the lives of our residents.
Activities for Therapy
Therapeutic activity comes in a variety of forms that are beneficial to memory care. Our staff of highly trained professionals help our residents reach their full potential through the following therapies:
- Exercise classes promote health and wellbeing while providing an opportunity for socialization.
- Art can serve many purposes in memory care. Art therapy is a proven memory care tool for stimulating the brain and reducing stress. It can also simply serve as a fun activity and source of joy, while allowing opportunity for both fine and gross motor exercise.
- Music stimulates the entire brain. Music therapy is a favorite activity at Parc Provence, available to our residents in both private sessions and as group classes.
- Reminiscence therapy provides an opportunity to discuss past events as a group, often with the help of photographs or other familiar items. This social activity can provide an opportunity for Parc Provence residents to connect as a result of shared memories and tap into joy from past experiences.
Activities for Fun, Socialization, and More
In addition to therapeutic activities, we offer plenty of activities designed to provide enjoyable opportunities to socialize. From parties for residents to watch Cardinals baseball games, to ice cream socials and happy hours, we have a wide range of offerings.
- Outings to favorite local destinations (such as seasonal eagle watching and lunch at popular restaurants) are always popular.
- Entertainment by live performers and our daily movies are a hit with residents and their families.
- Various clubs including a walking club, record club, and veteran’s club, and humor club meet regularly to socialize and bond over shared interests.
- Spiritual activities whether our religious services for a variety of denominations appeal to you or you find peace watching birds in our aviary or fish in the aquarium, we have options to soothe your soul.
Learn More About Parc Provence
Our active community is designed to bring out the best in people who need memory care. Helping people with Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and other cognitive disorders enjoy life and find peace of mind is our mission. Because every moment matters.
Contact Parc Provence today to learn more or to schedule a personal tour.